Degree + Professional Educator License
Make a difference in the lives of young adolescents in a highly needed role.
The Middle Level Education graduate program at Lewis University offers a wide-range of in-classroom teaching experiences to help students develop the skills and confidence to become an effective teacher for private and public schools. During the program, students will observe classrooms and interact with students through district partnerships, use the latest classroom technologies such as smartboards and graphing calculators, and discuss the benefits and challenges of different teaching approaches. Upon graduation, students will be able to meet the standards for licensure to teach grades 5-8 in the State of Illinois. Content areas include:
- English/Language Arts
- Social Science
The Middle Level Education graduate program is fully approved by the State Educator Preparation and Licensure Board and the Illinois State Board of Education.
Contact us(815) 205-0943
- TEACH Grant
- Resources for the Education of Adults in the Chicago Area (REACH) Scholarship
- Lasallian Book Scholarship
Visit the Financial Aid for Educational Studies page for more information on education scholarships.
- Foundational Literacy for Middle School Teachers
- Instructional Strategies and Learning Communities for Adolescents
- Communication for Teachers
- Characteristics and Development of the Adolescent Learner
- Curriculum and Instruction in the Middle School
- Exceptional Learners in Inclusive Communities
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 for the final 60 credit hours of study
- Official college transcripts from all institutions previously attended
- Successful completion of the Lewis University College of Education and Social Sciences Graduate Writing Examination
- Submission of a graduate application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Meet with the appropriate Department Chair or Program Director for a personal interview to discuss education goals
Please refer to the Office of Graduate Admission for application requirements and specific next steps.