On Campus Nursing Organizations
Sigma Theta Tau
If you are a nursing student with top grades, you will be eligible to be recommended to Lewis' student chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, a professional organization for nurses. The honor society recognizes student achievement and helps nursing students develop their professional standards and their commitment to the practice of nursing.
The LAMP is the student support organization within CONHS composed of the Student Nurses Association (SNA), Men Entering Nursing (MEN), and the Peer Mentor Program. Membership is voluntary and at no cost to the student.
STUDENT NURSES ASSOCIATION (SNA)Mission: “Enriching the student nurse academic experience by providing community, leadership, and professional development opportunities through service”
MEN ENTERING NURSING (MEN)
Mission: “MEN is a professional organization within SNA that advocates for gender inclusion and open communication to facilitate an environment free of discrimination for the advancement of education and fellowship in nursing”.
Students within SNA and MEN participate in a variety of professional, service and social activities. This includes:
- Attending both National and local nursing leadership conventions and conferences
- Sharing information about nursing as a professional career to area high school students
- Providing meals and conversation to families staying at various Chicagoland Ronald McDonald houses
- Organizing the semi-annual blood drive on campus
- Fundraising for nursing scholarships
- Attending student-planned social events at various venues to promote collegiality and fellowship