Special Admission Programs
In an effort to extend educational opportunities to a student population from a wide range of educational backgrounds, Lewis University offers a number of special admissions programs.
Outstanding area high school seniors with a GPA in the top 10% of their class and whom their principal or guidance counselor recommends may enroll in one class at Lewis University each semester while completing their final year.
Seniors who are accepted into the program are designated High School Scholars and receive free tuition for this program. Applications are made through contacting the Office of Admission at:
Email admission questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each year the Success Program Committee accepts a limited number of freshmen who do not meet the University's standard admission requirements but exhibit strong potential and desire to complete a bachelor's degree.
The Success Program is comprised of a full year of meetings and activities with individual attention focused on improving the student's academic skills. Comprehensive counseling and support services are provided by the Success Program in an effort to help students recognize and reach their academic potential.
Two degrees... One campus... An exceptional combination for highly motivated students.
- Enroll as a freshman with the confidence that you have a reserved seat in your chosen professional program.
- Dedicated advising and support to ensure your success.
- Save time and save money.
- Apply by December 1 of your senior year for full consideration.
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science to Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (MSOT)
- Bachelor Degree (B.A or B.S.) Selected Major with required pre-requisites, to Master of Science Speech Language Pathology (MSLP)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) to Master of Social Work (MSW)
Gain a competitive edge by earning both your bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Lewis University. You will join an elite group of only 13% of U.S. adults who possess an advanced degree.
- Advanced degree holders earn 3.7 times more in their lifetime than high school graduates.
- Opportunity to complete undergraduate and graduate degree seamlessly.
- Finish both degrees in less time (5 years total).
- Save time and money.
- Frequent Flyer Discount applies for graduate level classes
- B.S. Aviation Administration to M.S. Aviation and Transportation
- B.S. Chemistry to M.S. Chemistry
- B.S. Physics to M.S. Physics
- B.S. Computer Science to M.S. Computer Science
- B.S. Cybersecurity to M.S. Cybersecurity
- B.S. Data Science to M.S. Data Science
- B.S. Criminal Justice to M.S. Criminal Justice
- B.S. Business Administration to M.B.A Business Administration (all business undergraduate majors and graduate degrees through the Graduate School of Management are eligible)
- B.S. Business Analytics to M.S. Business Analytics
- B.S. Finance to M.S. Finance
- B.A. Organizational Leadership to M.A. Organizational Leadership
Design your own 4+1 option – develop your own bachelor to master degree pathway with your academic advisor.
Lewis has partnered with leading universities to provide you access to high demand career fields.
- Students apply to both Lewis and the partner institution during their senior year.
- Students are dually admitted into Lewis and partner institution.
- You follow a prescribed curriculum while attending Lewis.
- When you successfully complete Lewis undergraduate curriculum you are guaranteed a seat at the partner institution.
Dual Admission Programs
- Doctor of Dental Medicine 4+4 – Lake Erie College of Medicine
- Doctor of Optometry 4+4 – Chicago College of Optometry at Midwestern University
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine 4+4 – Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Doctor of Pharmacy 2+4 – Chicago College of Pharmacy at Midwestern University
- Doctor of Pharmacy 4+4 or 4+3 – Lake Erie College of Medicine
- Doctor of Pharmacy – 3+3 or 4+3 at Roosevelt University
Preferential Admission Programs
- Students enroll at Lewis and follow prescribed curriculum.
- While not guaranteed admission, partner institution grants preferential admission review to Lewis candidates who have successfully completed all pre-requisites.
Doctor of Chiropractic 3 + 3 Partners
- Logan College of Chiropractic Medicine
- Palmer College of Chiropractic Medicine
- Northwestern College of Chiropractic Medicine
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine Partners
- Kent State University 3 + 4 program
- Rosalind Franklin University Scholl College of Podiatry 3 + 4 program
Joint Bachelor Degree Programs
- Students complete a minimum of four semesters at Lewis.
- Students complete final semesters with partner institution.
- Earn a B.S. in Physics from Lewis and a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering from IIT
Lewis has partnered with leading medical providers to offer programs in some of the most in-demand and high paying allied healthcare fields.
Dental Hygiene 2+2 Bachelor Degree Program
- Students compete first two years at Lewis
- Students complete final two years at partner institution
- Earn B.S. in Dental Hygiene from Lewis University
Dental Hygiene Partners:
- College of DuPage
- Parkland College
3 + 1 Bachelor Degree Programs
- Students follow a B.S. in Biology curriculum for first three years at Lewis and then complete their degree program onsite with partner institution in year four.
- Bachelor Degree awarded by Lewis University
- B.S. Diagnostic Medical Sonography – in partnership with Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- B.S. Nuclear Medicine Technology – in partnership with Northwestern Memorial Hospital or College of DuPage
- B.S. Radiation Therapy – in partnership with Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- B.S. Radiography – in partnership with Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- B.S. Vascular Ultrasound Technology – in partnership with Rush University College of Health Science
3 + 2 Master Degree Programs
- Students follow a B.S. in Biology curriculum for first three years while at Lewis and then complete their Master’s degree onsite with partner institution in year 4 and 5. Student will receive a B.S. in Biology along with the M.S. in selected program.
- M.S. Clinical Nutrition – in partnership with Rush University College of Health Sciences
- M.S. Medical Laboratory Science – in partnership with Rush University College of Health Sciences
- M.S. Respiratory Care – in partnership with Rush University College of Health Sciences