WHAT IS THE SUCCESS SCHOLARS PROGRAM?
The Success Scholars Program exemplifies Lewis University’s Catholic and Lasallian mission by making college education accessible and attainable for students of all academic backgrounds. The Success Scholars Program provides first year students at Lewis an opportunity to further their growth and development from high school in order to excel as college students. Success Scholars join together in a small academic community where they benefit from mentorship from a peer and staff mentor as well as find support and inspiration from other Success Scholars. The Success Scholars Program begins in August (prior to the start of the semester) and spans the entire first year at Lewis.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF JOINING THE SUCCESS SCHOLARS PROGRAM?
- Retention data shows that participation in the Success Scholars Program significantly contributes to student persistence from freshman to sophomore year.
- Opportunity to jump start your Lewis experience through Success Scholars Summer Program.
- Build on strengths while expanding knowledge and experience with ongoing programming and mentorship.
- Dedicated peer and professional staff mentors for the duration of the first-year and connection to the staff for remainder of your Lewis experience.
- Access to Success Scholars section of the Cornerstone Seminar in the fall semester.
- Celebrate achievements at various fun and engaging campus events. Previous events hosted: Movie Night, monthly Study Tables, End of Semester and End of Year Celebrations and so much more!
- Access resources and workshops to strengthen your talents and help overcome challenges
- Become part of a tight-knit community of Success Scholars, including current Success Scholars and Success Scholar alumni.
HOW CAN I JOIN?
Students can choose to participate in this program, while others are admitted to Lewis University through the Success Scholars Program during the *admission process.
To ensure your place in the incoming freshman class, and as a Success Scholar, please submit your applicable deposit(s) no later than July 31, 2023. You will need to log into the MyLewis student portal to submit your housing deposit if you plan to live on campus. All deposits are refundable until May 1, 2023.
* Success Scholars present many diverse academic qualities and are selected during the admissions process based on different factors within their application materials. Success Scholars typically have earned solid high school grades but might have other academic factors that could present challenges with their intended major.
Feel free to browse the attached Success Scholars Flyer to learn more. If you would like to learn even more or have any questions, please reach out to the program coordinator below:
Dr. Melissa Eichelberger
Student Success Coordinator, Academic Services
Phone: (815) 836-5583